Observer members will not be voting members in the CDG or Working Groups, nor will they be eligible to serve on the Steering Committee. Observers may feed in to, but do not have the right to vote on, sign-off on, or object to Forum initiatives or products. Observer organizations are expected to actively participate and respond to Forum initiatives and comply with confidentiality rules.
How to applyApplication for admission (either full membership or observer status) to the Forum shall be submitted to the LIF Director, and shall be confirmed by a vote from the membership during a General Meeting. Confirmation of membership or observer status will occur if not more than ¼ of the membership veto the application.
Rights and duties
Forum members have the following obligations:
- Participate proactively in meetings, coordinate with other Forum members and external stakeholders, and contribute to advocacy initiatives;
- Participate in the decision-making and be willing to exert voting rights to elect the Steering Committee.
Discontinuity from general membership will occur in the following cases:
- NGOs can voluntarily withdraw from the body at any time. On withdrawing, agencies agree not to use any confidential information gained as a result of access to the forum.
- NGOs can have their membership cancelled by a vote of 2/3 of all members, when the actions of a given member are not in line with the By-Laws and are detrimental to the overall efforts of Libya Forum; when a member gives out confidential information shared by Forum members or the Forum Director, to a third party.
- When a member has not been participating in the Forum coordination efforts either in attending meetings or contributing to the debates over emails for a period longer than 3 months, the Director will send a kind request to confirm their interest in the forum. In case of no contribution or participation in votes for 6 months, the member will be removed from the Forum until a request to join again.